The London Photographers’ Branch will hold its Annual General Meeting on 26 January at the NUJ national office, Headland House, 308 / 312 Gray’s Inn Road, WC1X 8DP. It will start at 6 pm sharp. Any motions members want to discuss must be submitted by noon on 26 January. Please send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
It’s at the AGM when the activities for next year are broadly discussed and new Branch officers are elected to the committee. Any full branch member can be nominated for a post or can nominate themselves. This can be done prior to the AGM or during it. In addition, we have customarily also elected two, three or four additional members to offer general support. Temporary and Student members cannot hold a formal position, but in the past have been co-opted onto the committee in a non-portfolio role. Joining the committee is a great way of contributing to the running and success of the branch. No experience is necessary. If you are thinking of standing or would like more information, please email: email@example.com.
According to our Standing Orders (7) the following officers are elected:
- vice chair
- secretary (to keep records and convene meetings)
- membership and recruitment / retention officer
- treasurer (responsible for the funds in the care of the branch and for keeping accounts (must over 18 years of age)
- welfare officer ( A welfare officer to care for the interests of sick members and their spouses and liaise with the NUJ Extra)
- equality officer (equality officer to promote equality issues and provide a focus for questions and complaints arising from the code of conduct)
- Union learning representative
We will also be electing our delegation to the next NUJ Delegates Meeting, which will be on 15, 16, 17 April and will take place in Southport. The LPB is entitled to 4 delegates.